Did you know that over 80% of people make New Year's resolutions? Why don't you "Go Green" this New Year! Going green can be described as adopting practices that reduce your overall impact on the environment. These may include reducing your energy usage, recycling, conserving paper, using public transportation, buying local products, or buying a home that is more energy efficient. You can do things to go green in your personal life as well as in your professional life.
Here are 10 quick and easy tips that you can use to go green this new year:
- Change to Fluorescent Bulbs - If every house in the US changed all of the light bulbs in their house it would be equivalent to taking one million cars off the streets.
- Hang Massage Linens to Dry - Get a clothes line or rack to dry your massage linens. Your sheets will last longer and you will save money.
- Turn Off Computers at Night - You will save an average of 4 cents a day which ads up to $14.60 a year.
- Do Not Use Bottled Water - Instead of bottled water get a reusable container to carry water. You may also get a filter to make your home tap taste more like bottled water.
- Turn Your Thermostat Down When you Leave the Office - Every degree lower in the winter or higher in the summer is a 10% decrease on your energy bill.
- Turn Off Your Lights - An easy one. Whether at home or at your place of work; turn off your lights when you are not using them. The benefits are obvious.
- Get Rid of Junk Mail - There are many services that can help you get rid of junk mail which will lead to a lot less trees being cut down.
- Do Not Get a Paper Phone Book - Instead of getting a paper phone book, use an online directory instead.
- Pay Your Bills Online - If every house in the US did this, we would save 18 million trees every year.
- Purchase a Reusable Bag - You can't recycle plastic bags. Instead, get yourself a reusable bag to carry your purchases home in.
We can make a difference! You can start doing things to reduce your impact on our Earth anytime! Happy Holidays!