Marketing Your Massage Practice
April 19, 2013
Want to attract more clients to your massage practice? Who doesn’t…and we want to help you attract more clients! Whether you are just beginning or have an established massage practice, there are many things you can do to market yourself, attract new clients and also bring back existing clients.
Here are 10 things you can easily do to market your existing massage practice:
- Send out letters to existing clients – Whether it’s a birthday card or just a note to say hi, sending letters or postcards to your existing clients can bring them back in to your office.
- Market your services using social networking – Marketing yourself does not have to cost you a penny. Social networking tools available today allow you to get your name out there for FREE. Create professional accounts on Twitter, My Space and Facebook. If you are interested in this and are not sure how, take our course titled Social Networking for Massage Practice. It will explain the “how to” of many social networking sites!
- Include professional marketing tools within your practice – Advertise professionally within your practice by providing business cards, gift certificates, magnets, postcards, or coffee mugs. Little things will keep clients coming back to you in the future.
- Be professional – Being professional is a big seller for clients. A neat, clean, professional office setting will let your clients know that you are operating a first-class practice. Clients are drawn to kind, neat, professional people.
- Be educated – Another aspect of professionalism is being educated, or specialized, in your field. Be knowledgeable in whatever modality of massage you are practicing. Know the contraindications, indications and when to refer your clients to their healthcare physician. Being credible to your clients creates a trusting relationship.
- Advertise in the local newspaper or on TV – Although this can be costly, it can also pay off. Contact a local TV station or newspaper and inquire about rates and advertising. Advertising representatives are usually very easy to work with and can give you the best deal out there.
- Create a website – Creating a professional website with a list or menu of services can attract a lot of business. Many people will go online to research a local business before they do business with them.
- Use email marketing – Ask your client’s permission for their email address. Send them periodic emails with specials or articles. This is a great way to keep in touch with clients!
- Attend public events marketing your services – Rent a booth or space at a public event such as a home show or local mall. Hand out business cards and explain the health benefits of massage therapy.
- Learn a new modality – Another great way to expand and market your business is to expand your knowledge! Attend a continuing education seminar or take an online course to expand your list of services. We have many courses on different massage modalities such as Trigger Point Therapy, Pregnancy Massage, Hot Stone Massage, Deep Tissue Massage, Craniosacral Therapy and MANY MORE! Please visit our CE Courses page for more information on courses.