5 Quick Body Mechanics Tips
August 13, 2010
Here are a few tips to help keep your posture correct while performing massages:
- Align your body behind your working hands. To do this, be sure that your hips are always facing directly towards your hands.
- Lean into your strokes instead of bending at the waist. Regulate your pressure by how much you lean your entire body toward the table.
- Do not bend at the waist and lower back. Move your body in the direction of your strokes instead of turning or twisting at the waist.
- Do not try to apply firm pressure while reaching over the massage table. You will end up straining your back and shoulders. Instead, change positions around the table.
- Use a rolling chair to work on your client’s neck when they are in the supine position. This will allow you to work in those small cervical areas without compromising your posture.