|As of January 1, 2013 the National Certification Board for
Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB) requirements for initial certification and
re-certification have changed. The new program is called "Board Certification".
Requirements to become NCBTMB Board Certified >
- 750 Hours of total education. This would be your Massage Therapy Program hours
added to the continuing education you have completed since you became certified.
- 250 hours of hands on work experience. The work experience can be used since the
time you became certified.
- Maintain a CPR Certification.
If you are currently Nationally certified and you already have a total of 750 hours
of education (initial schooling + continuing education), you are not required to
complete any additional hours of education.
If you do not have the minimum 750 hours of education, you will need to obtain the
extra hours necessary to reach the 750 hours. Since we are a board approved provider of
continuing education, you can take any of our 60+ courses to meet that requirement!
Recertification requirements if you are already NCBTMB Board Certified >
To recertify as a Board Certified Massage Therapist, practitioners must:
- Pass a thorough national background check
- Maintain a current CPR certification
» Hours for CPR training may not be counted toward your
24 hours of Continuing Education required for recertification
- Re-affirm commitment to the NCBTMB Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics
- Re-affirm commitment to the NCBTMB Anti-Trafficking Pledge
- Complete 100 hours of documented hands-on experience
- Complete 24 hours of Continuing Education classes:
» 3 hours of the 24 hours must be in research
» 3 hours of the 24 must be in ethics
» No more than 4 hours of the 24 hours may be in self-care
We are a board approved provider of continuing education, so you can complete your
entire 24 hours of continuing education through us!
You can verify this information by contacting the NCBTMB at 800-296-0664 or visiting
their website at www.ncbtmb.org.
Back to State/Organization Approval
View a list of CE Courses